Saturday, September 19, 2009

Baltimore is the crappiest city in America...

In case you failed to read the post title, let me repeat myself. Baltimore is the crappiest city in America. The single moment that summed it up and sealed the deal was when sitting outside for some drinks and food before the game, a little boy with a milk crate of useless junk was going up to people on the sidewalk to see if they would buy any it. Really?? I havent seen that kind of shit since I went to mexico and all the ninos were selling chicklets and drugs to anyone who would look at them. Joe went into law mode and started drafting up legal papers..

The city itself has no personality, smells like a mix of low tide and sewage, and for good reason no one wanders more than a couple hundred yards away from the ball park... Outside of Camden Yards, I really can't think of anything I want to see in this city besides the "now leaving Baltimore" sign. In fact, headed to DC for the day. At least there's stuff to do there.

The Inner Harbor, as I said previously, is nothing more than a strip mall on the water. Well, I take that back. They have all these really cool places there. There's this one bar & grill called "Unos" which, If i'm translating it right, means Ones in spanish. So you know it's the only one around. Didn't get to go in, but I bet they have a fine selection of microbrews.

The also have this place there called Hooters, because with the Orioles and Ravens in town, you know they like their Owls down here too. What birdographers these locals are.

Ok, sarcasm aside they also have ESPN Zone, Hard Rock Cafe, best Buy, Barnes and Noble, Filenes Basement and many other useless establishments. Fail.


I will leave you with this as a wrap up to the city. I enjoy lists, so here is a list of places I would rather be in than Baltimore:

South Central Los Angeles
Poland, circa 1939
Jeffrey Dahmer's apartment
Just about anywhere else in the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment